Thursday, February 17, 2011

HELLO. I'm 33.

I received this hand-made gift today...I was sooooo touched!!!
Many people have wondered about me...so I figured I'd share something about myself this time...I was born on 2.18.1978 in San Diego, grew up in Orange County, went to UCI, studied Biological Sciences, was a student athlete, went to UOP for Pharmacy School...dropped out, and am currently doing something completely different than what I studied my entire life. It was fate that got me to where I am today...and where is this? It is HERE. hehe I just thought I'd share that bit of myself...and let you know that I didn't study or 'plan' for anything that I'm doing now...Anyhow, I've learned so much about life in Tokyo and I owe it all to my supportive friends. I want to thank all of you for your support and friendship. I am so grateful that I have a group of wonderful people around me...Thank you SOOO much!!! People come and go and some will regularly disappoint you..this feeling sometimes makes me feel lonely living here in Tokyo...but in the end I've realized that I will always have my wonderful group of friends, the ones who will never let me down. I feel so lucky to have these people with me always. Of course there are many many more that I wish I could mention that aren't on this photo above...so again, I just want to say THANK YOU..and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! May our friendships continue to grow..Wow..I'm 33 from TODAY..what to do what to do.. HEHE
and to a beginning of a new life....
I hope you will all be around to watch me (us) grow...
(drawing by KAZ)

ほよよ〜

2 comments:

  1. Wow. So much adventure in only 33 years. But still, I wonder how did you get to Tokyo? And what is your job? Reading your blog and looking at your photos... It's just I've always wanted to live like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being so curious! Many people ask me the same thing....but to be honest, what I do as a job doesn't have a title...I don't have a routine day where I go to the office for 8-10hours..

    how did i get to tokyo? Well, I dropped out of pharmacy school back in 2005 and only planned to refresh in Japan for 1 year but ended up staying. I started off as an english teacher in the countryside thru an ALT program & eventually taught business english...i eventually fell into everything I'm doing now...and QUIT that job too.. I still teach english but also do many other things and live in central tokyo now. Basically what I do as a job will remain mysterious for most people who don't know me personally BUT just know that I've been very lucky to be able to do what I've been doing for the past 4 years and live comfortably from it. I think if you follow my blog you will start to learn about me more and more as during certain times of the year I reveal a little bit more about myself. My only advice is that there are many paths in life that are made for you but it's up to you which way you want to choose. If you want do live a certain way, GO FOR IT! The most important thing is that you really have to believe in yourself and be independent and PATIENT. Life is too short to do things that make you unhappy. i didn't plan any of this..but it was my fate. I took a risk and it was the right thing to do. I hope that answers all of your questions. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...