Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bronchitis *cough*

After my party last friday, I got totally sick and was diagnosed with bronchitis. In Japanese 気管支炎 What is bronchitis? Instead of googling it, ill explain it here just for kicks (in laymens terms) Bronchitis is inflammation (swelling) of the mucous membranes of the bronchi, the airways that carry airflow from the trachea into the lungs. There are 2 types of Bronchitis: acute and chronic. Actually once you get bronchitis once, it stays dormant with you forever. So whenever you are infected by a viral infection from the common cold or influenza, it comes back. This is completely normal. This time, I have acute bronchitis (again), which is characterized by the development of a cough with a production of sputum and mucus, that is coughed up from the respiratory tract. When you start coughing up green stuff persistantly and your body feels weak, you probably have bronchitis.


Chronic Bronchitis, (japanese : 慢性気管支炎) is chronic inflammation of the bronchi in the lungs. It is defined clinically as a persistent cough that produces phlegm and mucus (the green stuff) for at least 3 months in 2 consecutive years. This can be caused from SMOKING!! Just FYI. but Im sure some of you already knew this. SO friends, lay off on the smokes!

I tried to go to work yesterday but realized that Bronchitis is contagious. (oops) so I went back home. I apologize to all the people who have come in contact with me in the past few days. I hope your immune system will fight this infection! I wish they had zithromax here, the 5 days super viral infection fighter. Instead, I was prescribed Clarithromycin, which is another form of macrolide antibiotic, and totally weaker!

Why am I even writing about all this medical mumbo jumbo? Bronchitis isnt even a big deal.

But really, didn't you guys know? I went to Pharmacy School for 3 years but didn't finish. (Can you really see me standing behind the counter at walgreens for the rest of my life? no thanks) So all this information and knowledge about medicine, human anatomy, how to treat certain symptoms, etc... is in my blood. I LOVED STUDYING about medicine and the human body!!! Yes, I was super otaku about this stuff and still am!!! I wasn't always a party girl and event organizer you know! (what a change in career paths eh?) I still check my Tarascon once in a while when my friends get sick, or when doctors prescribe me really weird things i never heard of. I think my doctor hates me because everytime i go in to see him, i know exactly which medicine i need and question him when he gives me something totally different. Most meds arent even available in Japan! (like lidocaine viscous--for sore throats, this stuff is magic) I think all pharmacist have this snobby side to them no? Anyway, I woke up today totally refreshed and feel like i've slept about 4 days. I figured I'd let everyone know that I AM ALIVE and that once this sickness passes, I'll be out partying again and updating my party reports as before. I mean seriously, after a yr and a half straight of partying every single day...I was bound to get totally sick right?! Anypoo, see you all soooon!!! This FRIDAY is going to be super busy...let's hope I get well by then!!!

ほよよ〜

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...